Tony's 13 Things I Won't Leave Home Without
We asked Anthony Bourdain to give us a list of the items he wouldn't leave home without. Check out Tony's list.
1. iPad With 3G and lots of space for movies and downloaded rough cuts. I didn't know I needed one until I got one. But now I need my Angry Birds app for flight delays. Also iBooks.
2. iPhone Same story. Apple may be evil, but there it is.
3. Laptop A Mac. I finally gave in after years as a PC user.
4. Headphones Good ones.
5. Sunglasses Hopefully appropriate to the "look" of the show. In Boston, for instance, in keeping with the ‘70s Eddie Coyle theme, I went with some very sinister and frankly ugly Ray Ban tinted aviators.
6. Jeans Comfortable jeans.
7. Clark Desert Boots Great for airport security and really, really comfortable almost anywhere.
8. Hoodie A super lightweight Patagonia down hoodie that bunches up really tiny into my carry-on. Great for a cold plane headed to a hot country.
9. DVDs I have a few new ones and some old favorites I'm considering ripping off for the show. Right now I'm on a Nagisa Oshima, Takashi Miike jag.
10. A fat book For that period on the plane when you are prohibited from using electronic devices. Reading Borges now.
11. Valium or similar substance For long flights and for adjusting to new time zones.
12. Lomotil or Immodium For obvious regular risks of the road.
13. Kwik Clot 'Cause you never know these days when arterial bleeding could be a problem.