Capp and Cheese Stuffed Sandwich
Where to Find It:
Primanti Bros. restaurants
46 18th St
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
The idea for Primanti Bros. started in 1933 when Joe Primanti opened a cart in the Strip district of Pittsburgh. He sold sandwiches to truckers on the go. The business soon took off and he opened a small restaurant with his brothers and nephew.
BITE Score Rating:
B (Bread) - Outstanding, crusty on the outside, pillowy on the inside
I (Interior) - There's a party going in between the bread.
T (Taste) - There's only 1 Primanti's and that taste is extraordinary
E (Experience) - This is one of those sandwiches that you crave.
Result: Defeated by the DiNic's Roast Pork Sandwich
* 4 oz. Cappicola
* 1 Egg
* 1 slice of Provolone
* 1 handful of French fries
* 1 handful of coleslaw
* 2 slices of tomato
* 2 thick-cut slices of fresh Italian bread
* Place fresh-sliced Cappicola on grill and warm – top with provolone cheese
* Place grilled meat and cheese on bottom slice of fresh Italian bread
* Add a runny egg – it’s the Pittsburgh way!
* Top with hot French fries
* Top with hearty handful of coleslaw
* Place 2 tomato slices on top of coleslaw
* Top with second slice of fresh Italian bread
Viola – The Primanti Sandwich!