Where to Find It:
108 E York St
Savannah, GA 31401
Johnny and Gabby DeBeer opened the restaurant in 2005 and it quickly became a favorite of students. The menu reflects both owners' childhood experiences. The name comes from the island in Africa (Johnny is from South Africa) called Zanzibar.
BITE Score Rating:
B- Outstanding bread, it does everything a baguette should do.
I- The chicken itself is extraordinary.
T- The even distribution of sauces, flavors, veggies and the amazing bread makes it extraordinary.
E- You are in one of the best cities in the south.
Results: Regional Champ of the South
* Loaf of Bread – Baguette Style
* Chicken Breast
* Creamy Italian Dressing
* Zunzi’s “Special Sauce” – can be replaced with Thousand Island Dressing
* Cut open the loaf of bread.
* Lay down lettuce and tomatoes.
* Bake chicken breast, cut into smaller pieces and place over bead of lettuce and tomatoes.
* Add Creamy Italian Dressing and Zunzi’s special sauce.