"Pulled" Lamb Sandwich
Where to Find It:
568 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Matt Wexler and chef Charlie Kleinman came together when Kleinman sent his resume in response to an ad on Craig's List for an executive chef. Wexler had taken over the space that was formerly the French restaurant Les Amis in San Francisco's financial district. Both have extensive restaurant experience. The two decided to bring their own modern twist to traditional barbecue.
BITE Score Rating:
Watch to find out.
Ingredients for Pulled Lamb
* 1 Each Lamb Shoulder bone in
* 1 Cup of Dry Rub (brown sugar, salt and spices)
* Rub seasoning in to all parts of lamb so that it is all covered.
* Smoke for 4-6 hours or until meat falls from the bone at 210 degrees Fahrenheit. Apple wood for the smoke is suggested.
Ingredients for Red Cabbage Slaw
* 1 Red Cabbage thinly sliced
* 5 Leaves of Mint cut into ribbons
* 1/2 Cup of Red Wine Vinegar
* 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
* Kosher salt to taste
* Shredded under-ripe peaches (optional)
* Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let it sit between 2-4 hours before serving.
Ingredients for Watermelon Vinegar
* 1 Cup of fresh Watermelon Juice
* 1/4 Cup of Champagne Vinegar that has been sitting with Thai Chilies in it overnight
* Salt to taste
* Mix all ingredients and serve on the side.
Ingredients for Watermelon Pickle
* Rind of 1 Watermelon
* 1 Cups of Water
* 1 Cup of Cider Vinegar
* 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
* 4 Tablespoons of Salt
* 5 Cloves
* 1 Cinnamon Stick
* Combine the water, sugar, salt and spices in a pan. Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
* Add watermelon rind and simmer until tender.
* Cool in the pickling liquid and slice thinly.
* For the watermelon rind peel the thick green skin with a vegetable peeler and discard.
* Cut the green rind or pith away from the red flesh. Use the red part for the juice and the green part for the pickle.