NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES & D.C., AGE 18 OR OLDER.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The entry period for the No Reservations Final Tour GetGlueSweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on September 3, 2012 and ends on November 5, 2012 (the “Entry Period”). To enter, during the Entry Period, check-in to each of seven (7) episodes of the television program No Reservations using the GetGlue service (on the GetGlue website at GetGlue.com or using a GetGlue application), on each of the following dates (or alternate dates designated by Sponsor in its discretion) at the times specified on the GetGlue website: September 3, 2012, September 10, 2012, September 24, 2012, October 1, 2012, October 15, 2012, October 29, 2012, November 5, 2012. To enter, you must check in to all seven (7) episodes. Checking in to a single episode will not result in a Sweepstakes entry. All episode check-ins must be completed by November 5, 2012 at the time specified on the GetGlue website. Normal time rates, if any, charged by Internet service provider will apply. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. No purchase is necessary.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of The Travel Channel, LLC (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, and advertising, promotion and Internet agencies, and their immediate family and household members, are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Following the conclusion of the Entry Period, a random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or its agent to select ten (10) potential winners from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by phone and/or e-mail, in Sponsor’s discretion, and may in Sponsor’s discretion be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release within 10 days of attempted delivery of same. If a potential winner cannot be reached within 48 hours of the initial notification attempt (Sponsor reserves the right not to leave messages on voice mail or answering machines) or fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Sponsor, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit or release within the specified time period, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. The drawing date is subject to change and will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If a potential winner is a minor under the laws of his or her jurisdiction of residency, Sponsor reserves the right in its discretion to award the prize to a parent or legal guardian and/or to require a parent or legal guardian to complete any required Affidavit/Release.
4. PRIZES: Each potential winner will receive a “No Reservations: The Final Tour” poster, autographed by Anthony Bourdain. The approximate retail value of each prize is $30. The total approximate retail value of all prizes is $300. All federal, state, local taxes on the prize value, if applicable, are the responsibility of the winner. The prizes will be awarded if properly claimed. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the right to receive a prize is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes consist only of items selected by Sponsor. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Prizes are awarded “as is” and without any warranty, except as required by law or such warranties as may be provided by a third-party manufacturer.
5. GENERAL RULES: Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules or to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time in its discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or who Sponsor suspects may intend or attempt to tamper with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit any potential entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intends or is attempting to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or any representative of Sponsor. The use of agents or automated methods or programs to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes should a virus, bugs, entrant fraud or misconduct, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted and a random drawing to award the prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. Entry times will be determined using Sponsor’s computer, which will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering, each entrant releases and agrees to hold Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors and agents, and each of their directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the acceptance or use of a prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees to use winner's name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be verified or returned. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
6. DISPUTES: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of New York, and each entrant consents to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules or the Sweepstakes.
7. For the names of the winners, available after November 5, 2012, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Travel Channel, 5425 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 500, Chevy Chase, MD, 20815, Att’n: ____________ Sweepstakes. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
8. Sponsor: The Travel Channel, LLC, Chevy Chase, MD.