Here are 10 things you probably don't know about our Travel Goddess, Samantha Brown.
From Samantha Brown:
1. I always bring a book of poetry with me -- usually Robert Frost or Mary Oliver.
2. I always travel with a jar of peanut butter.
3. I brown bag it even when I'm flying first-class. It's my last chance to eat something homemade.
4. I get terrible homesickness. Usually when I first wake up in the morning but only for about an hour
5. On my resume I have under special skills "professional Blimp photographer." A blimp crashed on my building in NYC on the 4th of July 1992. I was on the roof sunbathing and snapped one picture of it, which I sent to the Associated Press.Time Magazine and USA Today bought the image so I made about $300. Thereby earning me professional photog status!
6. If I wasn't doing what I am doing, I would own a little breakfast place where I would be on a first-name basis with all my customers. I would wear cute aprons and go around to all my tables with a carafe of coffee at my hip asking if they wanted "some more Joe."
7. When I was a little girl my mom would tell me the story of how I was a bear cub she found in the woods. I would sometimes search our backyard in New Hampshire looking for my bear mom and dad, worried that they were missing me. If I wasn't getting along with my sisters or parents I was certain it was because I was a bear and they were not.
8. My biggest regret is that I never did a sport in high school. I was too scared of failing.
9. I still play my favorite video game from the '80s: Galaga.
10. What I love most about travel is feeling like a fish out of water. I love being the person in the room who looks and sounds like no one else. The challenge of seeing where I fit in and how I can make a connection with people who are completely different than me is absolutely thrilling.