The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the 50 United States or D.C., 18 years or older, and accessing this site in the United States.
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 8, 2012 until 11:05 p.m. ET on July 8, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”), you may enter the “Travel Channel Sand Masters Watch and Win Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) by doing the following: (a) sign into your Twitter account (“Twitter Account”) or, if you are not already a member, becoming a member of Twitter.com and sign into your Twitter Account; (b) “follow” @travelchannel; (c) tweet a message as a targeted reply to @travelchannel using Twitter’s “@Reply” function to enter the Promotion and (d) include exactly the following unique term (“Term”) in your tweet message: “#SMnascar” (collectively, “Entry”).
If your Twitter Account is set to “protected mode”, your updates/responses will not be visible in Sponsor’s @Reply inbox; and, therefore, will not be received by Sponsor, resulting in your failure to enter any Promotion. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. If you opt to receive Sponsor’s tweets via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers), standard text messaging rates, airtime and carrier charges will apply for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. You understand that by participation in this Promotion via mobile phone or text message, if you are a potential winner, the Sponsor may contact you via mobile phone or text message, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your Twitter Account.
Limit of one (1) entry per eligible person during the Promotion Period. If multiple entries are received, only the first entry will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, Promotion entry services) will void all entries by that entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders. These official rules are also available at www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/articles/sand-masters-watch-and-win-sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older, except employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors.
4. Limitations of Liability: The Travel Channel, L.L.C. (“Sponsor”), and other participating sponsors (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website, Schemer, or Twitter; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering, all participants and/or entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Any and all warranties and guarantees are subject to the respective manufacturer’s terms. Winner must sign a Liability and Publicity Release. All documents must be returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If potential Winner fails to return such documents within that time, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
How Winner will be Determined: One (1) Grand Prize Winner and Three (3) First Prize Winners (the “First Prize Winners”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on approximately July 10, 2012, and will be contacted by phone on or about July 12, 2012. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to winners and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final. A prospective winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the prospective winner within three (3) days from first notification attempt, if the prospective winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if the prospective winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective winner shall be selected. By entering into the Promotion, all entrants consent to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online announcements, worldwide and without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing.
5. Conditions of Entry: This Promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the judge’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the judges reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Promotion, or to terminate the Promotion and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
6. Prize: The one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive 2 tickets to the 2013 Daytona 500 Race taking place on Sunday, February 24, 2013. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $280. Grand Prize does not include transportation or lodging. Each First Prize Winner will receive a NASCAR collectible dice-case scale stock car, autographed by Michael Waltrip. ARV of each First Prize: $150. ARV of all prizes: $730. The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prizes in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective Winner. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the prize Winner’s responsibility. Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the respective prize. Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
7. Winner’s List: Beginning on or about July 17, 2012, you may obtain the name of the Winners, by going to the Website.
8. Sponsor: The Travel Channel, L.L.C., 5425 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 500, Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815.