The annual state fair is something that kids of all ages look forward to each year. It’s a wonderful time for food -- funnel cakes, hot dogs, deep-fried Twinkies -- and colorful contests, from pie eating to log rolling. There is always something for everyone. We’ve picked some of the biggest and baddest state fairs with out-of-this-world competitions -- and mouthwatering foods to match.
- Spicy Pizza Challenge at Cardinali's
- Pigeon Rolling Competition
- Diaper Derby
- Frozen T-Shirt Contest
- Saddle Bronc Riding at the Rodeo
- Rocky Mountain Dock Dog Diving and Big Air Competition
- Bunny Dressing Competition
- Bird Dressing Competition
- Duck Quacking Competition
- Swine Livestock Competition
- Rock Rolling Competition
- Pet Rock Best-Dressed Competition
- Husband Calling Competition
- Beard Growing Competition
- Wood Chopping Contest
- Cow Chip Throwing Competition
- Rubber Chicken Throwing Competition
- Butter Sculpting Competition
- Princess Kay Butter Sculpting
- Lumberjack Competition
- Guitar Flat Picking Competition
- High School Marching Band Competition
- BMX Skateboard Tournament
- Rescue Ride Horse Riding Competition
- Llama Costume Contest
- Hedrick’s Racing Pigs
- Livestock Competition
- Guess What’s Cooking Competition
- The Ultimate Dog Show
- Moo-la-palooza Mooing Competition
- Celebrity Cream Puff Eating Competition (the state fair has even snagged the Guinness World Record for "World's Largest Cream Puff”)
- Dog Dock Diving Competition
You Might Also Like
The world goes green for St. ...
This summer, pack your sleeping ...
There's nothing quite like a good ...
Travel Channel's recommendations for music festivals.
More Travel Inspirations
Buckle up and take a tour of the most thrilling amusement parks in America.
Try Food.com's quick and easy apps for a stress free turkey day.
Plan Your Menu with easy, how-to videos from Bobby, Sunny and more.
The world goes green for St. Patrick's Day. ...
This summer, pack your sleeping bag and tent ...
There's nothing quite like a good music ...