The annual state fair is something that kids of all ages look forward to each year. It’s a wonderful time for food -- funnel cakes, hot dogs, deep-fried Twinkies -- and colorful contests, from pie eating to log rolling. There is always something for everyone. We’ve picked some of the biggest and baddest state fairs with out-of-this-world competitions -- and mouthwatering foods to match.
- Spicy Pizza Challenge at Cardinali's
- Pigeon Rolling Competition
- Diaper Derby
- Frozen T-Shirt Contest
- Saddle Bronc Riding at the Rodeo
- Rocky Mountain Dock Dog Diving and Big Air Competition
- Bunny Dressing Competition
- Bird Dressing Competition
- Duck Quacking Competition
- Swine Livestock Competition
- Rock Rolling Competition
- Pet Rock Best-Dressed Competition
- Husband Calling Competition
- Beard Growing Competition
- Wood Chopping Contest
- Cow Chip Throwing Competition
- Rubber Chicken Throwing Competition
- Butter Sculpting Competition
- Princess Kay Butter Sculpting
- Lumberjack Competition
- Guitar Flat Picking Competition
- High School Marching Band Competition
- BMX Skateboard Tournament
- Rescue Ride Horse Riding Competition
- Llama Costume Contest
- Hedrick’s Racing Pigs
- Livestock Competition
- Guess What’s Cooking Competition
- The Ultimate Dog Show
- Moo-la-palooza Mooing Competition
- Celebrity Cream Puff Eating Competition (the state fair has even snagged the Guinness World Record for "World's Largest Cream Puff”)
- Dog Dock Diving Competition
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
You Might Also Like
The world goes green for St. ...
This summer, pack your sleeping ...
There's nothing quite like a good ...
Travel Channel's recommendations for music festivals.
More Travel Inspirations
Search spots seen on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, The Best Thing I Ever Ate and more.
Check out exclusive videos that showcase the country's most unique eats.
Turn your house into a Holiday House. More than 100 ideas to get started.
The world goes green for St. Patrick's Day. ...
This summer, pack your sleeping bag and tent ...
There's nothing quite like a good music ...