Tony's 13 Things I Won't Leave Home Without
We asked Anthony Bourdain to give us a list of the items he wouldn't leave home without. Check out Tony's list.
1. iPadWith 3G and lots of space for movies and downloaded rough cuts. I didn't know I needed one until I got one. But now I need my Angry Birds app for flight delays. Also iBooks.
2. iPhoneSame story. Apple may be evil, but there it is.
3. LaptopA Mac. I finally gave in after years as a PC user.
4. HeadphonesGood ones.
5. SunglassesHopefully appropriate to the "look" of the show. In Boston, for instance, in keeping with the ‘70s Eddie Coyle theme, I went with some very sinister and frankly ugly Ray Ban tinted aviators.
6. JeansComfortable jeans.
7. Clark Desert BootsGreat for airport security and really, really comfortable almost anywhere.
8. HoodieA super lightweight Patagonia down hoodie that bunches up really tiny into my carry-on. Great for a cold plane headed to a hot country.
9. DVDsI have a few new ones and some old favorites I'm considering ripping off for the show. Right now I'm on a Nagisa Oshima, Takashi Miike jag.
10. A fat bookFor that period on the plane when you are prohibited from using electronic devices. Reading Borges now.
You Might Also Like
Andrew Zimmern attends the Music ...
Get a glimpse of Shane Green's ...
Andrew Zimmern makes a new friend ...
Kinga Philipps prepares to take ...
More Travel Inspirations
Enter daily for a chance to win a grand prize worth over $1.5M, located in Atlanta.
Get the essential Food Network email featuring time saving tips, recipes and how-to videos.
Win over the kids with these easy, time-saving dinners the family will love.
Kinga goes sailing and kite surfing at the US Virgin Islands National Park.
Get tips for travel emergencies, including lost luggage, stormy weather, ...
Get Marianela Pereyra’s picks for what to see and do on California’s best ...
Led by a hawk, Rachel goes paragliding for the best views of Torrey Pines.