Travel Hosts Exposed, Week of Aug. 20, 2014
Anthony Melchiorri tries his hand at croquet, and Marianela Pereyra takes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
Ice Bucket Challenge"The #IceBucketChallenge with a twist. Lets conserve our most precious natural resource AND donate to charity! #Winning @mikekasem @andreawadadavies @newschool1966 you've been nominated. You're welcome :) #SeaWaterChallenge" - Marianela Pereyra 960 1280
Gene's Daiquiri Shop in New Orleans“At Gene's Daiquiri Shop in New Orleans. There are no seats here, you just order it and take it to go. #BoozeTraveler” - Jack Maxwell 960 1280
Halloween in the French Quarter“In the French Quarter for Halloween last night. Crazy! #Booze Traveler premiering Nov. 24, 10 PM on @travelchannel.” - Jack Maxwell 960 1280
Marianela Pereyra“Feeling like this guy. Last update: we are stuck in the dusty Bahia of Turtle Bay until we determine the direction of Hurricane Vance. Walked a mile to find real WiFi and a few cold #Pacificos. Will try to update tomorrow. #bajahaha #cerveza #NewSchool1966” - Marianela Pereyra 960 1280
Andrew Zimmern1) Go Pro HD mini cam with monitor
2) Apron from www.emilerwin.com
3) Leather kniferoll wrap for keeping my cooking gear handy on the road
4) New iPad
5) Immersion Circulator
6) Vacuum Seal Machine
7) New iPhone
8) Pair of killer handmade vintage cowboy boots
9) Guitar lessons at the local shop
10) Home Entertainment Tech Guru house call to help us untangle, set up and streamline all our digital media
-Andrew Zimmern 960 1280
Don WildmanI don’t like to ask for too much at Xmas. I really do stand by the motto, “better to give than receive.” Nonetheless, if the following were under the tree I would not return them.
1) A NEW BIKE! A Linus Roadster please.
2) A NEW CAMERA. Something portable in a pouch on my belt or it’ll never be used enough.
3) PENDLETON BLANKET. I’d like to own the whole National Parks Collection. Alas only have Acadia and it’s covered in cat hair!
4) GO-PRO VIDEO PACKAGE. I use the little cameras all the time on Off Limits and have kinda fallen in love with the image produced.
5) A NEW WOODEN CANOE.
-Don Wildman 960 1280
Joe Bechtold and family1) Trek Madone carbon fiber road bike (I wrecked & ruined my 13 year old Trek this year)
2) The ultimate fleece that doesn't cook me when worn inside but keeps the wind out & core warm when things get blustery around here.
3) A better pair of socks, with a bit of wool in them, but thin, warm, wicking...and kind of groovy looking.
4) Nikon D5000 camera
- Joe Bechtold 960 1280
Marcus Sakey1) Books. Always and forever, digital or physical, I don't care, just gimme books. Books that blow my hair back and sweep me away and change the way I see the world.
2) A new suitcase. My trusty old bag is falling apart. She's logged a lot of miles.
3) A long-seasoned heirloom of a cast-iron skillet. Truly magical cast-iron is a generation in the making--it takes a lot of meals and oil and love.
4) This is a terrible idea, but after playing the guitar with a band in Seattle, I kinda want one. The problem is that I could practice for 70 years and still not be able to play Old McDonald.
-Marcus Sakey 960 1280