OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS, 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: The Travel Channel Photo Contest (“Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the U.S. and its territories, possessions and commonwealths who are 21 years of age or older, except employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) Scripps Networks, LLC and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors.
2. Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC, 9721 Sherrill Boulevard, Knoxville, Tennessee 37932.
3. Prize Provider: Choice Hotels International Services Corp., 1 Choice Hotels Circle, Rockville, MD 20850.
4. Administrator: The T.E.A.M. Group, PO Box 204, Florham Park, NJ 07932. (Sponsor and Administrator collectively, “Promotion Entities”).
5. How to Enter: Beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 1, 2013 until 5:00 p.m. ET on September 4, 2013 (“Promotion Period”), you may enter the Promotion by visiting the Travel Channel website (www.travelchannel.com/photocontest) (the “Website”) and completing the online entry form and submitting a Submission (as defined below). All entries must be received by 5:00:00 p.m. ET on September 4, 2013 to be eligible. Each entry must also include the full name, age, address, phone number (including area code), and e-mail address of the entrant (“Entrant”). Neither Sponsor nor Administrator shall verify receipt of entries.
6. Submission Requirements: Submissions for the Promotion must consist of one (1) high-resolution, digital color photograph (the “Photo”) that relates to one of the following categories (the “Categories”): (i) Outdoors & Adventure, (ii) Family Getaways, (iii) Road Trips, (iv) Romance & Honeymoons, or (v) Travel Fun for Less (collectively, the “Submissions” and each, a “Submission”). The Photo must be in .jpg, .gif or .png format, and the total upload should not be larger than one (1) megabyte. All Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If Entrant is selected as a prospective winner, Entrant will be required to execute and return releases and additional documentation supplied by Sponsor in accordance with Sponsor’s instructions or such prospective finalist will be disqualified. Incomplete and/or late Submissions are not valid entries.
The Submission must not include: (a) content that violates any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademark rights; (b) defamatory language; (c) threatening language; (d) language that is sexually explicit, obscene, or indecent; (e) language that promotes alcohol, tobacco, or drug use; or (f) any other language that Sponsor determines is not reasonably related to the Promotion or violates the policies of Sponsor’s customary standards and practices in its sole discretion. Inclusion of such material shall result in disqualification.
Submissions that are created and received within the above-mentioned guidelines shall collectively be referred to herein as the “Eligible Entries”. Submissions that are not the original work of the Entrant and/or illegible or incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
Participants may enter as many times as they wish, as long as each photo is original and submitted separately. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, Promotion entry services) will void all entries by that Entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
7. Ownership of Submissions: By submitting a Submission, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that: (a) Sponsor is the sole and exclusive owner, in perpetuity and throughout the world, of all right, title, and interest in and to the Submission, including, without limitation, all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights in and to the Submission (and all renewals and extensions thereof now or hereafter provided by law) and all the rights therein and thereto; (b) ownership of the Submission shall inure to the benefit of Sponsor from the date of conception, of creation, or of fixation in a tangible medium of expression (whichever occurs first), of such Submission; (c) Entrant’s Submission is a "work made for hire" (as that term is used in the United States Copyright Act of 1976, as amended); (d) to the extent that Entrant’s Submission is not a work made for hire, Entrant hereby assigns to Sponsor all right, title, and interest in and to the Submission and all copies thereof that Entrant may have or obtain without any further consideration, free from any claim, lien, balance due, or rights of retention thereto; (e) Entrant waives all claims to any and all moral rights in the Submission including, without limitation, Entrant’s right of attribution and integrity; and (f) Sponsor may exploit the Submission (and all rights therein) in any manner throughout the world without restriction of any kind, or payment to, or consent from, anyone. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or edit the winning Submission for content including all copyrights and trademarks, and Promotion Entities or their assigned agent(s) will have the right to reproduce, publish, adapt, modify and/or revise the Submission, in its sole discretion, in any manner or form throughout the world, in perpetuity. Sponsor will own all rights to the winning Submission.
Prior to selection of the winners, Entrants and/or their Submissions may be featured on the Website; however, in no way shall such promotion influence the selection of the winners. Each week’s winners will be notified by email, telephone, and/or overnight mail delivery approximately three (3) days after end of applicable Weekly Entry Period.
8. How Weekly Winners will be Determined: Five (5) entries shall be selected from the Submissions properly submitted during each Weekly Entry Period (as defined in the chart below):
Start Time/Date End Time/Date
1) 9:00 a.m. ET 8/1/2013 4:59 p.m. ET 8/8/2013
2) 5:00 p.m. ET 8/8/2013 4:59 p.m. ET 8/15/2013
3) 5:00 p.m. ET 8/15/2013 4:59 p.m. ET 8/22/2013
4) 5:00 p.m. ET 8/22/2013 4:59 p.m. ET 8/29/2013
5) 5:00 p.m. ET 8/29/2013 5:00 p.m. ET 9/4/2013
Submissions shall be judged, awarded points and scored based on the following criteria: (a) 25% based on quality; (b) 25% based on creativity; (c) 25% based on composition; and (d) 25% based on the Photo’s representation of the Category for which it was submitted.
The top five (5) entries with the highest scores for each Weekly Entry Period shall qualify as a “Finalist.” The Finalist with the highest score for each Weekly Entry Period will be a “Grand Prize Winner” and each remaining Finalist will qualify as an “Editor’s Top Pick.” In the event of a tie, ties will be broken based on the creativity criteria score, “b” above. If a tie still remains, the tie will be broken based on the representation of the category criteria score, “d” above. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the winners and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final. Entries received during one Weekly Entry Period will not be carried over into any other Weekly Entry Periods.
9. Prizes or Additional Promotion:
Grand Prizes: Each of the five (5) Grand Prize Winners shall receive one (1) $500 Choice Hotels Gift Card (the “Grand Prize”). Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all Grand Prizes: $2,500.
Additional Promotion of Editor’s Top Picks: Each of the twenty (20) Editor’s Top Picks may receive additional promotion by being featured in a TravelChannel.com editorial photo gallery. This additional promotion does not constitute a prize of any value and as such the ARV is $0. Promotion Entities have no obligation to provide any additional promotion for any Editor’s Top Pick.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prizes in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective winner. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the prize winner’s responsibility.
Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
10. Prize Conditions: All prospective Grand Prize Winners and Editor’s Top Picks shall be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (except where prohibited by law), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification or designation. Any additional party that is depicted in the Photo shall be required to do the same. Any Grand Prize Winner or Editor’s Top Pick shall be disqualified and the next qualifying Submission designated a Grand Prize Winner or Finalist if: (1) Sponsor or Administrator is unable to contact an Entrant selected for a Grand Prize or an Editor’s Top Pick within three (3) days from the first notification attempt; (2) the prospective Grand Prize Winner or Editor’s Top Pick and/or additional parties if applicable fail to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date; or (3) the prospective winner fails to comply with any of the requirements pursuant to these Official Rules.
11. Representations and Warranties: By submitting a Submission, an Entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the Submission is an original work created solely by Entrant; (b) Entrant owns all rights to the Submission; (c) the Submission complies with all requirements of these Official Rules; and (d) Entrant understands that another Entrant may submit Submissions that are identical or substantially similar that Entrant shall not have any claim against any other Entrant or the Promotion Entities arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
13. Limitations of Liability: The Promotion Entities, Scripps Networks, LLC, Choice Hotels International, Inc., and other participating sponsors and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or other errors; and any entries that are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible or postage due, or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Promotion. Proof of mailing, in-person submission, or online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering, Entrant also agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, Scripps Networks, LLC, Choice Hotels International, Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with Entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or Entrant’s receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
14. Disclaimer: CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
15. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any Entrant or the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the or state courts sitting in Montgomery County, Maryland, or federal courts in Maryland and each Entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Each Entrant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Tennessee. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. ENTRANT (AND THEIR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS IF ENTRANTS ARE MINORS) HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
16. Winners’ List: You may obtain the name of each week’s winners by going to the Website on or around September 5, 2013.