Early Check-In: Spring Break
Plan Your Spring Break Getaway
Whether you were blasted by bad weather this past winter or you've just been pining for an escape, the good news is that spring break has finally arrived. Get a jump-start on your spring break plans -- whether they are partying with the college kids or a tamer family getaway to the beach -- with these suggestions.
Student Spring Break Tips
* Take a look at organizations like StudentCity who run trips for both college and high school students to popular spring break destinations.
* Looking for that winter wonderland retreat instead of the warm sands, try these student ski getaways.
* Party like a rock star by heading to Vegas for an MTV Spring Break 2013 epic party with the network's trademark wild parties, heavy boozing, goofy games and celebrity hosts with events at The Palms pool, Rain Nightclub, Moon Nightclub, Ghostbar and the Playboy Club.
* Why not take your time off and give back? Combine volunteer work with some sight-seeing and relaxation time. Not only can you see the world, you can improve it.
* Take advantage of student discounts and youth hostels whether you stay in the US or go international.
STA Travel Student Universe
* If you are hitting the road, start saving money for gas now. When it is time to go, visit sites like these to track down the cheapest gas along your route.
Gas Prices on MapQuest
Gas Price Watch
* Start preparing for your trip now by stocking up on sunscreen, bathing suits and other spring break essentials by shopping online.
Everything But Water
* Get that body in shape for the beach by logging some extra hours at the gym, on the treadmill or in downward-facing dog. Track your fitness goals with a helpful fitness app.
Active.com's 10 Best iPhone Fitness Apps for 2013
Family Spring Break Tips
* Consider a variety of options with our suggestions for a unique family spring break.
* Book a stay at any of Oyster's top spring break hotels.
* Get spring break budget tips, from MommyPoints.com's Summer Hull.
* Bypass the beaches for the slopes on a skiing spring break.
* Compare prices on flights and car rentals.
* Look for spring break special events and discounts available now.
Family-Friendly Mardi Gras
Spring Break Blast
Hershey in the Spring
* Forecast the weather.
* Skip the beach and instead camp under the stars with the whole family.
Camping with Kids
* Can't get away but need to keep the kids occupied during the break? Enroll them now in a local Spring Break Camp.
Spring Break Programs
DC Spring Break Camps