Sandwich Report Card: Pulled Pork Sandwich
On the West Coast, 3 sandwiches go head-to-head for a chance to be the regional champ. The first of these is the pulled pork sandwich from JR's Barbeque. Get the facts on this contender and the recipe so you can make it at home.
Pulled Pork Sandwich
Where to Find It:
3055 South La Cienega Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
JR's Barbeque was founded in 1998, by Jeanie Jackson and son, Bobby Johnson. With a combined restaurant experience of 52 years, this mother-son team decided to bring Memphis-style barbeque to Los Angeles.
BITE Score Rating:
Watch to find out.
* Pork Shoulder
* Dry Rub (Cumin, Red Pepper, Garlic)
* Cole Slaw (Mayonnaise, Red vinegar, Mustard, Red Wine, Poppy Seeds, Pineapple)
* BBQ sauce
* Brioche Roll
* Rub down the pork shoulder with dry rub.
* Place the pork shoulder into the smoker for 13-14 hours.
* Take the shoulder out of the smoker and pull the meat off the bone.
* Cut the brioche roll and place the pulled pork on the roll.
* Scoop the cole slaw onto the pork.
* Pour sauce over the sandwich.