J/P HRO, Haitian Relief Organization
About J/P HRO
J/P Haitian Relief Organization is dedicated to saving lives and bringing sustainable programs to the Haitian people quickly and effectively. Following the devastating earthquake of 2010 J/P HRO began working immediately on the ground to make an impact in Haiti.
J/P HRO works with both government and non-governmental agencies to deliver immediate results where the need is greatest. Principle efforts include providing emergency medical and primary care services, delivering badly needed medical equipment and medicine, rubble removal facilitating community regeneration, management of Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camps, distributing food and water purification systems, improving communication systems, and developing housing and education facilities.
The goal of J/P HRO is to help lift the nation of Haiti out of poverty and give the Haitian people a better life.
- Treated over 75,000 patients in two field hospitals at the Petionville Camp
- Provide medical services to over 2,000 patients per week
- Delivered over 400 babies
- Established a full service Women’s Clinic that has treated over 10,000 women
- Treated over 7,000 women and provided family planning, hygiene and pre-natal education to almost one thousand women (and men) at our Women Clinic.
- Treated approximately 3,000 patients in Mobile Medical units
- Mobile Medical units treat 300 patients a week in camps without medical services and nearby neighborhoods
- Opened a Haitian operated primary school, providing 260 kids with a free education
- Removed over 59,000 cubic meters of rubble and debris of the streets of Port-au-Prince, equaling an average of 25-30 trucks every day for the past 6 months
- Relocated nearly 6,000 Haitian residents most at risk from flooding and mudslides
- Delivered more than 100,000 pounds of medical supplies
- Distributed more than 65 metric tons of supplies for cholera response
- Distributed water filters and buckets (in collaboration with Waves for Water and Buckets Across Haiti)
- Distributed 12,500 tents to families across Haiti
- Recognized by IOM as a leader in rubble removal methodology
- Been recognized by the Haitian Ministry of Health and the International Red Cross for cholera preparedness and response
- Educated thousands of families about cholera treatment and prevention through our community health agents, and treated thousands more patients via state-of-art Mobile Medical units
To learn more about J/P HRO or to make a donation, please visit www.jphro.org