Zak Bagans' Haunted Museum Casting Call Rules
Calling all Ghost Adventures fanatics! Zak Bagans is looking for two fans to accompany him on an exclusive tour of his Haunted Museum in Las Vegas. The selected participants also will join Bagans and the crew on a paranormal investigation at the museum for an upcoming episode. Find out more!
All applicants must comply with the following requirements to participate in Zak’s Haunted Museum Casting Call for a chance to travel to Las Vegas, NV and appear on Travel Channel’s series “Ghost Adventures” ("Program") hosted by Zak Bagans ("Host"):
1. This is a casting call and there is no guarantee My Entertainment Company, L.L.C. (the “Sponsor”) Bagans, Scripps Networks, LLC (“Scripps”) or The Travel Channel, L.L.C. will select any applicants to participate in the Program. Sponsor may contact an applicant at any time. All decisions are solely at the discretion of Sponsor.
2. Employees, officers, directors, and agents of Sponsor, Scripps, The Travel Channel, L.L.C. and their respective affiliates, related entities, subsidiaries, divisions, parent corporations, and joint venture partners, and Bagans (collectively, the “Released Parties”), all Program advertising, promotional, and judging agencies, and all other companies associated with the production, and administration of the Programs and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated, and subsidiary companies, divisions, and joint ventures as well as (a) the immediate family (spouse, ex-spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, step-parents, step-children, step-siblings, regardless of where they live), and (b) members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors, and agents, are not eligible to participate in this application process. Limit of one (1) application per applicant.
3. All applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of application. All applicants must be United States citizens living in the United States (including the District of Columbia) or resident aliens living in the United States with a legal right to live and work in the United States.
4. Applicants will be ineligible if, (a) at any time, they have been employed (other than self-employed) as the host of a travel-related video program (without regard to the platform on which such program is distributed); or (b) as of July 17, 2017, they have any type of contract for talent representation (for example, a talent agent or manager), an acting contract, a television hosting contract, a merchandising agreement, or any other contractual arrangement that would prohibit applicant from appearing on the Program.
5. All applicants must be in good physical and mental health. Sponsor may in its sole discretion require applicants to undergo medical or psychological evaluation as part of the casting process. To be considered, applicants must meet all physical and psychological requirements as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
6. In order to submit an application to appear on the Program, eligible applicants should:
7. In order for your application to be considered for the Program the video must be posted to Instagram and/or Twitter in accordance with the above instructions during the Entry Period. Videos posted after the Entry Period will not be considered.
8. No applications (including any materials, videos, photographs, social media posts or other media submitted in connection with application, supplemental application or submitted as otherwise requested by Sponsor or Bagans (collectively “Materials”)) will be returned, and the application and all Materials will become the property of Sponsor, which shall have the right to use the application and Materials and every element thereof in any manner and in any media throughout the universe in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, in the marketing and promotion of the Program. Scripps specifically reserves the right to use the application and Materials to evaluate applicants for programs other than the Program (“Other Programs”), and to share all such materials with Scripps’ sister networks and digital properties (e.g., Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel, HGTV, DIY Network, Great American Country, ulive.com) for similar evaluation. Neither Scripps nor any of its sister networks or digital properties is under any obligation to consider any applicant as talent for Other Programs and any such agreement regarding services to be provided with respect to the same shall be subject to separate good faith negotiations between the applicable parties.
9. Each applicant must enter separately. From among all the completed entries received, Bagans and/or Sponsor will evaluate each application on a number of subjective factors, all of which have the aim of determining which applicants have what it takes to be featured in the Program. Bagans and/or Sponsor will be looking at personality, interesting skills the applicant may have relating to travel and/or adventure, and overall performance, among other related factors. Bagans and/or Sponsor may select two (2) prospective Participants (each a “Participant”) from all eligible applications to travel to Las Vegas, NV, and participate in a paranormal investigation with Bagans to be recorded for the Program and anticipated to air on October 31, 2017, on Travel Channel. Bagans will announce such prospective Participants, if any, via his Twitter account @Zak_Bagans, and Sponsor will retweet and repost such announcement on Travel Channel’s website. Sponsor’s and/or Bagans’ decisions with respect to the selection of the Participants, these Terms and Conditions and all other matters pertaining to the Program shall be final and binding. The Participants must provide Sponsor with his/her home address within two (2) business days of issuance of selection.
10. The Participants must complete and timely return a separate Participant Agreement, which may include, among other documents: a Background Check Questionnaire, Confidentiality Agreement, Liability Waiver, and any additional releases or authorizations that Sponsor in its sole discretion, deems necessary. All such forms will be furnished to the Participants. If Sponsor is unable to contact a Participant within three (3) business days from first notification attempt, if a Participant fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if a Participant fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her casting and prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective Participant shall be selected.
11. Sponsor may disclose any information contained within or derived from the applicant’s application and related Materials to third persons connected with the Program and to compile information from third parties in connection with such application and Materials and the application process about applicant’s background, personal views, and opinions about life, travel, television, the media, and the like (collectively, “Personal Information”). Sponsor will receive the Personal Information and may reveal such Personal Information to third parties in the course of the application process and/or the Program and the applicant hereby releases, discharges, and holds harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims and damages arising from such compilation or disclosure of Personal Information.
12. Sponsor and each of its agents and representatives reserves the right to conduct background checks of any and all records of any Participant selected by Bagans and/or Sponsor, including without limitation civil and criminal court records and police reports, to confirm eligibility. To the extent necessary under law, the Participant shall authorize such background checks to confirm such eligibility. Sponsor may also take all steps necessary to corroborate any information provided to each by Participant. To that end, the applicant may be obligated to provide necessary contacts and other information so that Sponsor may conduct such investigations. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any prospective Participant from the casting based on his or her background check and/or based on his or her refusal to cooperate with such background check.
13. At all times when the Participant is participating in the Program, the Participant will be subject to the instructions, directives, and schedules dictated by Sponsor and/or Bagans including social media, written blogs and video deliverables documenting the adventure; non-compliance with such instructions, directives, schedules and deliverables may result in disqualification and cancelation of all forthcoming activities and guarantees (if any).
14. All applicants understand and acknowledge that participation in the Program, including, without limitation, the activities and events arranged by the Program coordinator may expose Participant and others to the risk of death, serious injury, illness, disease, and/or property damage. Participant must be willing and able to participate in physical activities related to travel, adventure and excursions.
15. Each applicant acknowledges, understands, and agrees that he or she may be audio and/or video-recorded (the “Recordings”) by Sponsor while participating in the application process and/or the Program at Sponsor’s discretion with reasonable notification. Recordings may be disseminated or otherwise exploited on television and/or any other media now known or hereafter devised, in any and all manner and any language throughout the universe in perpetuity without payment of any consideration to Participant. Each applicant further acknowledges that Sponsor may organize and edit the Recordings in its sole discretion.
16. Each applicant agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims including, without limitation, claims for slander, libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy, publicity, personality, and/or civil rights, depiction in a false light, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, copyright infringement, and/or any other tort and/or damages arising from or in any way relating to the submission of an application, Participant Agreement, participation in the selection process, participation in the Program, the use of the Personal Information or Recordings, and the use of the applicant's name, voice, image, and/or likeness in connection with the Program, and the marketing and promotion thereof in all media now known or hereafter devised.
17. Each applicant acknowledges and agrees that he or she is not and will under no circumstances as a result of the submission of an application, participation in the Program, the use of the Personal Information or Recordings, and/or the use of the applicant's name, voice, and/or likeness in connection with the Program, the promotion thereof in all media now known or hereafter devised or for any other reason in connection with his or her application and/or participation in the Program, become an employee or an independent contractor of the Released Parties and will not make any claims against Released Parties, including, without limitation, claims for compensation or benefits, derived from any allegation of status as an employee. Each applicant acknowledges and agrees that his or her relationship to the Released Parties is and shall be limited solely to that of a grantor of rights. None of the Released Parties shall furnish or provide insurance coverage of any nature to applicant in connection with the selection process or participation in the Program.
18. All decisions related to the selection of a Participant or other events related to the Program, the application evaluation, and eligibility requirements shall be determined solely by Sponsor and/or Bagans, and are not appealable, and are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all. At any time Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an applicant, to modify these rules and requirements or any aspect of the Program as it deems necessary, and to cancel the production and development of the Program or any programming contemplated hereunder. Sponsor is under no obligation to exploit the Program or any element thereof in any media or in any manner.