Travel Channel Star Voting Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Travel Channel Star Program ("Program") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, and who entered the Travel Channel Star Casting Call (the “Casting Call”) and who were selected by Sponsor to participate in the Program. Rules for the Casting Call are available at: http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/travel-channel-star/articles/travel-channel-star-rules. The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of The Travel Channel, L.L.C. ("Sponsor"), employees, officers, directors, and agents of Travel Channel, Scripps Networks, LLC (“Scripps”), the producer of the Program (“Producer” or “Producers”), and their respective affiliates, related entities, subsidiaries, divisions, parent corporations, and joint venture partners (collectively, the "Released Parties"), all Program advertising, promotional, and judging agencies, and all other companies associated with the production, and administration of the Program and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated, and subsidiary companies, divisions, and joint ventures as well as (a) the immediate family (spouse, ex-spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, step-parents, step-children, step-siblings, regardless of where they live), and (b) members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors, and agents, are not eligible to participate in this application process. All Participants must be in full compliance with the Casting Call official rules in order to participate in the Program, and the Program is subject to the terms and conditions of the Casting Call official rules.
2. OVERVIEW: Fifteen (15) entries selected by Sponsor or its representatives through the Casting Call will participate in the Program (together the “Participants”, each a “Participant”). Additionally, Sponsor may select alternates to participate, in the event that, for any reason, one or more of the original Participants cannot take part in the Program (each an “Alternate”). Each Participant will take part in the Travel Channel Star Program, which will consist of a multi-round competition between approximately May 11, 2015 and August 7, 2015.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The Participants will take part in Sponsor’s television program, Travel Channel Star, which will include three voting rounds during which Participants will be eliminated, as follows:
Voting Round One: During voting Round One (“Round One”) each Participant selected from the Casting Call will be evaluated by Sponsor’s judges and the general public based on the Participant’s Casting Call video. The judging period will run from approximately May 11, 2015 through May 15, 2015. The top five (5) scoring Participants in Round One will advance to Round Two (the “Semi-Finalists”).
Voting Round Two: The five (5) Semi-Finalists will compete in voting round two (“Round Two”). Round Two will require each Participant to participate in a challenge for the Program as determined by Sponsor (the “Round Two Challenge”). The details of the Round Two Challenge will be provided to all Participants during Round Two. The judging period will run from approximately June 22, 2015 through June 26, 2015. The top two (2) scoring Participants in Round Two will advance to Round Three (the “Finalists”).
Voting Round Three: The two (2) Finalists will compete in voting Round Three (“Round Three”). Round Three will require each Participant to participate in two challenges for the Program as determined by Sponsor (the “Round Three Challenges”). The details of the Round Three Challenges will be provided to the Finalists during Round Three. The judging period will run from approximately August 3, 2015 through August 7, 2015. The top scoring Finalist in Round Three will be the Grand Prize Winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”).
Voting Process: During each voting period, each of Sponsor’s judges will evaluate the Participants, giving each Participant a score from zero to ten points (i.e. each Participant may receive a maximum of thirty (30) points from the Sponsor’s judges, in the aggregate, in each round). In addition, during each round the public will evaluate the Participants by voting for their favorite Participant. The Participant with the most public votes in the respective round will receive five (5) points, which will be added to the aggregate points such Participant received from the Sponsor’s judges in the applicable round. In the event there are any ties affecting which Participants move to the next round, the three judges shall vote to break the ties. The exact judging criteria for each round will be as set forth by the judges prior to the round. The public will be permitted to vote during the respective voting periods using two methods: (i) Website – users may vote on the Program’s website (http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/travel-channel-star); and (ii) Twitter – users may vote by using Twitter’s “@Reply” function to send a tweet and (4) including both “#travelchannelstar” and “#[insert name of Participant]”. Re-tweets of other user’s qualifying tweets will also be eligible. Individuals are only permitted to make one (1) vote per day, per method of voting, during the voting rounds. Any additional votes will not be counted by Sponsor.
Participants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. VOTE COUNTS DISPLAYED ONLINE MAY NOT BE ACCURATE. RESULTS ARE UNOFFICIAL UNTIL ALL ONLINE VOTES HAVE BEEN TALLIED AND VERIFIED BY SPONSOR.
4. TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: In order to participate in the Program a Participant must be willing to travel to (i) one or more locations/cities determined or approved by Sponsor and to host video segments that showcase entrant’s unique travel perspective. Such travel is anticipated to occur, if at all, between May 20, 2015 and August 21, 2015 (all dates subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion); (ii) selected locations on selected dates for a media tour in connection with promotion of the Program. If warranted by the time required to reach the travel destination, Sponsor will furnish Finalists with economy class air transportation and standard class hotel accommodations (room rate and tax only) as determined by Sponsor, and a per diem while traveling for the Program. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING SENTENCE, ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN COSTS AND EXPENSES. Participants who will not be available for all dates requested by Sponsor will be disqualified. Participants must report and be available to participate at all times and places as Sponsor shall designate.
5. PRIZES: The Grand Prize Winner will receive the following: (i) an opportunity to host a five-part web series for Travel Channel featuring the Grand Prize Winner; (ii) a talent fee of $1,500 for services rendered in connection with the web series; and (iii) a prize package valued at $2,500 (collectively, the “Grand Prize”). Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize: $5,000.00.
All details for the Grand Prize shall be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Grand Prize is non-transferable. Substitution of the Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, by the Grand Prize Winner is prohibited. No cash redemption permitted by the Grand Prize Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof) with another prize of comparable or greater value, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The value of the Grand Prize may be taxable as income and Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all matters relating to the Grand Prize, including, but not limited to, compliance with all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the Grand Prize.
7. SOCIAL MEDIA: The Program is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter. You are providing information to Sponsor and not to Twitter. Any use of Twitter in connection with the Program is subject to Twitter’s Terms of Service.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participants are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where lawful, Publicity Release. All completed documents must be returned to Sponsor within three (3) days of the date notice was sent or Grand Prize Winner status will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner may be selected. Grand Prize is non-transferable. If for any reason the Program is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Program, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Program. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Program; (b) violating the Official Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to require Grand Prize Winner to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding the Grand Prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Program will not bring Released Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Program as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Program and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. This Program is governed by the laws of the state of Tennessee, and by entering all entrants agree that all claims or disputes must be resolved exclusively in the federal or state courts in Knoxville, Tennessee. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. YOU (AND THEIR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS IF YOU ARE A MINOR) HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, Released Parties, Telescope, Inc., or Twitter resulting from any Participant’s participation in or any entrant’s attempt to participate in the Program. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor, Released Parties, or Twitter for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Program: hardware or software errors; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Program, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Program, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability in connection with the Program. Sponsor and Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the Grand Prize or these Official Rules. Sponsor and the Released Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained resulting from participation in the Program. By participating in the Program, the Participant releases Sponsor, Released Parties, and Twitter from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Participant's participation in the Program. By accepting the Grand Prize, Grand Prize Winner agrees that the Sponsor, Released Parties, and Twitter shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Program, acceptance or use of the Grand Prize. Sponsor, Released Parties, and Twitter are not liable in the event that any portion of the Program is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event").
10. SPONSOR: The Travel Channel, L.L.C., 5425 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 500, Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815.
11. ADMINISTRATOR: Telescope, Inc., 11835 West Olympic Blvd, Suite 350E, Los Angeles, CA 90064.
For name of the Grand Prize Winner and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Travel Channel Star Program, Attn: Digital, The Travel Channel, L.L.C., 5425 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 500, Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815 within sixty (60) days of expiration of the contest.