Pork Belly Cubano
Where to Find It:
211 SW 6th Ave
Portland, OR 97209
Tommy Habetz and Nick Wood both spent time working in the fine dining industry. Nick was Tommy's sous chef at one restaurant. They decided to make a change and and create food their friends could enjoy and afford. Tommy and Nick saw a need for a sandwich place and Bunk Sandwiches was born.
BITE Score Rating:
B- Absolutely terrific
I- It's got a little bit of heat and a little bit of sweet
T- It's got all the elements you have come to love in a Cubano
E- Incredible, all the elements of their fine-dining training in an awesome sandwich package
Results: Defeated by the Big-Ass Roast Beef Sandwich
* Yellow Mustard
* Hot Sauce (Optional)
* Swiss Cheese
* Sliced Ham
* Pickle Chips
* Thick-sliced, roasted and caramelized Pork Belly
* Slice open bread.
* Spread a little bit of mustard.
* Spread yellow mustard.
* Add a little bit of hot sauce for flavor.
* Add Swiss cheese.
* Add thinly sliced ham.
* Add pickle chips.
* Add thick-sliced roasted and caramelized pork belly.
* Sprinkle a touch of salt on the sandwich.
* Press sandwich in sandwich press until bread is crusty.