6 VIP Trips, 6 VIP Winners
See how the other half lives!
MENU Jump to Theme
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the 50 United States or D.C., 21 years or older, and accessing this site in the United States.
TRAVEL LIKE A VIP SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on November 1, 2012 until 5:00 p.m. ET on December 12, 2012 (the Promotion Period), you may enter the Travel Like A VIP Sweepstakes (the Promotion) by visiting the Travel Channel website (http://www.travelchannel.com/VIP) (the Website) and completing and submitting the online entry form. Incorrect and incomplete entries are void. These official rules are also available on the Website. Limit of one (1) entry per eligible person, per day, during the Promotion Period. If multiple entries are received, only the first entry will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void that participants entries and that participant may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, Promotion entry services) will void all entries by that entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account holder is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry, except employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors.
4. Limitations of Liability: Travel Channel, LLC (Sponsor), Chase Bank USA, N.A., and other participating sponsors (collectively with Sponsor, the Promotion Entities) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participants or any other persons computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering, all participants and/or entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with each entrants participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Any and all warranties and guarantees are subject to the respective manufacturers terms. Except where prohibited by law, the winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner's names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (Section 1542) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims. Except where prohibited by law, each winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner's travel companion's name, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
5. How Winners will be Determined: Six (6) potential Grand Prize Winners (each, a Grand Prize Winner) will be selected in a random drawing, from among all eligible entries received, on approximately December 14, 2012 by an independent judging organization, and will be contacted by phone on or about December 17, 2012. Judges decisions with respect to winners and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final. Each prospective winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the prospective winner within three (3) days from first notification attempt, if the prospective winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if the prospective winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective winner shall be selected. By entering into the Promotion, all entrants consent to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online announcements, worldwide and without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Conditions of Entry: This Promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the judges opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the judges reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Promotion, or to terminate the Promotion and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. Prizes/Prize Conditions: Each of the six (6) Grand Prize Winners will win one (1) of the following destinations (each a Destination): (i) Monte Carlo, (ii) Bahamas, (iii) Washington, DC, (iv) UK Virgin Spy Games, (v) Kennebunkport, Maine, (vi) Marthas Vineyard, (vii) Hawaii, (viii) Little White House in Key West, (ix) Rock Star Legends Cruise, (x) Cabo San Lucas, (xi) Los Angeles, (xii) Road trip for a week (San Francisco to San Diego), (xiii) Aspen Food & Wine Festival, (xiv) Tuscany, (xv) Napa, (xvi) Celebrity Chef Cruise Experience, (xvii) Miami, (xviii) Kentucky Derby, (xix) Rhode Island Private Yachting Experience, (xx) New York City, (xxi) Pebble Beach Golf, (xxii) MLB Spring Training, (xxiii) Dallas Football Game, and (xxiv) San Francisco AT&T Stadium. Each Destination is grouped into one of six categories (Grand Prize Trip Categories) as follows: (a) Secret Agent, (b) President, (c) Rock Star, (d) Celebrity Chef, (e) Mogul, and (f) Professional Athlete and as further described in the chart below. Only one Destination per Grand Prize Trip Category will be awarded and no Destination will be awarded more than once. Each Destination within each Grand Prize Trip Category will be determined by an online vote held prior to the drawing, and Grand Prize Winners will not have a choice as to their respective Grand Prize Trip Category or Destination.. Each Grand Prize Trip Category includes airfare from a major airport in the 50 United States and Washington D.C. to each destination and lodging for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest. Further details on each Destination are available at the following websites:
The approximate retail value (ARV) for each Destination is as follows:
- Monte Carlo: $9,000.00 ARV
- Bahamas: $9,000.00 ARV
- Washington, DC: $9,000.00 ARV
- UK Virgin Spy Games: $9,000.00 ARV
- Kennebunkport, Maine: $9,000.00 ARV
- Marthas Vineyard: $9,000.00 ARV
- Hawaii: $9,000.00 ARV
- Little White House in Key West: $9,000.00 ARV
- Rock Star Legends Cruise: $9,000.00 ARV
- Cabo San Lucas: $9,000.00 ARV
- Los Angeles: $9,000.00 ARV
- Road trip for a week (San Francisco to San Diego): $9,000.00 ARV
- Aspen Food & Wine Festival: $9,000.00 ARV
- Tuscany: $9,000.00 ARV
- Napa: $9,000.00 ARV
- Celebrity Chef Cruise Experience: $11,300.00 ARV
- Miami: $9,000.00 ARV
- Kentucky Derby: $9,000.00 ARV
- Rhode Island Private Yachting Experience: $9,000.00 ARV
- New York City: $9,000.00 ARV
- Pebble Beach Golf: $9,000.00 ARV
- MLB Spring Training: $9,000.00 ARV
- Dallas Football Game: $9,000.00 ARV
- San Francisco AT&T Stadium: $9,000.00 ARV
Total ARV of the six (6) Destinations awarded is approximately between $54,000.00 and $56,300.00, depending on the results of the online vote.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prizes in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective Winner. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the prize Winners responsibility. Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the respective prize.
Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to Grand Prize Winner's proximity to destination, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Promotion, and those set forth by the Sponsors airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Winner will not receive difference between actual and ARV. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsors sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. All travel must be completed by January 1, 2014, and must be arranged with Sponsor a minimum of sixty (60) days in advance, and is subject to availability and Sponsors approval. If Grand Prize Winner is unable to fulfill Grand Prize during time period, Grand Prize Winner forfeits the Grand Prize in its entirety and an alternate winner will be selected. All travel dates will be determined by the Sponsor, and once made may not be altered except by Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. Meals not described above, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip are not included. All other expenses not specifically identified as included in the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Winner and guests must travel the same itinerary and on the dates and/or times specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Travel companion of each winner must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older, unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian, and must sign a Liability and Publicity Release. If potential Winners travel companion fails to return such documents within date and/or time indicated within such documents, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Except where prohibited by law, the winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner's travel companion's name, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsors sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
8. Winners List: Beginning on or about December 28, 2012 you may obtain the names and cities of residence of the Grand Prize Winners by going to the Website. Winners list will be removed after December 11, 2013.
9. Sponsor: The Travel Channel, L.L.C., 5425 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 500, Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815.
10. Administrator: The Team Group, LLC, PO Box 204, Florham Park, New Jersey 07932-0204.