Our picks for some of the biggest and baddest state fairs.
Arizona State Fair
- Spicy Pizza Challenge at Cardinali's
- Pigeon Rolling Competition
- Diaper Derby
- Frozen T-Shirt Contest
Colorado State Fair
- Saddle Bronc Riding at the Rodeo
- Rocky Mountain Dock Dog Diving and Big Air Competition
- Bunny Dressing Competition
- Bird Dressing Competition
- Duck Quacking Competition
- Swine Livestock Competition
- Rock Rolling Competition
- Pet Rock Best-Dressed Competition
Iowa State Fair
- Husband Calling Competition
- Beard Growing Competition
- Wood Chopping Contest
- Cow Chip Throwing Competition
- Rubber Chicken Throwing Competition
- Butter Sculpting Competition
Minnesota State Fair
- Princess Kay Butter Sculpting
- Lumberjack Competition
- Guitar Flat Picking Competition
- High School Marching Band Competition
- BMX Skateboard Tournament
- Rescue Ride Horse Riding Competition
- Llama Costume Contest
State Fair of Texas
- Hedrick’s Racing Pigs
- Livestock Competition
- Guess What’s Cooking Competition
- The Ultimate Dog Show
Wisconsin State Fair
- Moo-la-palooza Mooing Competition
- Celebrity Cream Puff Eating Competition (the state fair has even snagged the Guinness World Record for "World's Largest Cream Puff”)
- Dog Dock Diving Competition
Washington’s Skagit Valley is the next best thing.
A 24-hour guide to the Holy City.
Forget passing fads. These developments are changing the food landscape.
From sunset kayaking to delicious eats, there is so much to explore in southwest Florida's island sanctuary.
Where to find a damn fine cup of coffee and more.
There's nothing like a challenging hike with a rewarding view.
Dishing up a lot more than just bacon and eggs.
Put the phones down and make memories to last a lifetime with these thrilling activities on the island of Hawaii.
Our staff talk about some of their favorite restaurants, bars, barbecue and sweet treats in Memphis.
Hit up these fun, food-forward spots for good eats for the entire family.