Travel Channel Hosts' Summer Playlists
Check out some of the Travel Channel Hosts' favorite music.
Anthony Bourdain's Summer Playlist
KYUSS, Eagles of Death Metal, Them Crooked Vultures
2. Mark Lanegan Band (anything by him including “Screaming Trees”)
3. Kanye West: "Monster" (Just as good as he probably thinks it is. And Nicki Minaj is terrifyingly good on it.)
4. Gorillaz: “Stylo” featuring Mos Def and Bobby Womack. (Over and over again. Anything with Bobby Womack is already awesome.)
5. Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi, “Rome” (An album riffing on early ‘60s Italian cinema soundtracks with Norah Jones and Jack White popping up.)
6. Iggy and the Stooges: "Penetration" from Raw Power
7. REM: An old song, "Crush With Eyeliner.” (Never a big REM fan before but rediscovered this one late in life.)
8. Sky Saxon: "I'm A Believer"
9. Tito and Tarantula: "Strange Face of Love" and "Angry Cockroach"
10. The Rascals: "I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore"
11. Lil Wayne and Eminem: “Drop the World"
12. Get Carter Soundtrack: "Carter on a Train" Intro
Zak Bagan's Summer Playlist
Travel Channel, Ghost Adventures, Letchworth Village, Haverstraw
Filming of the Travel Channel's 'Ghost Adventures' at Letchworth Village, Haverstraw, New York. The Travel Channel's 'Ghost Adventures' traveled to Letchworth Village in Haverstraw, NY, to investigate the complex 100 years after this facility opened its door in Haverstraw, NY. The Ghost Adventures star Zak Bagans.
2. Soundtrack for Book Of Eli
3. Soundtrack for District 9
4. Soundtrack for The Proposition
5. Armin Van Buuren
7. The Doors
8. Beastie Boys
Kirk Rademaker's Summer Playlist
2. Donald Fagen: "The Goodbye Look"
3. The Band: "The Weight"
4. Steely Dan: "Dr. Wu"
5. Steely Dan: "F.M."
Rusty Croft's Summer Playlist
1. Old Crow Medicine Show
2. John Prine
4. Joe Bonamassa
5. Ben Harper
6. Wide Spread Panic
Andy Gertler's Summer Playlist
2. The Beatles: "Penny Lane"
3. Crash My Party: "Crash My Party"
4. Elise Regina and Tom Jobim: "Agua de Marcos"
5. Sheryl Crow: "All I Want to Do"
Morgan Rudluff's Summer Playlist
Sue McGrew's Summer Playlist
2. Modest Mouse: "Dashboard"
3. Black Eyed Peas: "The Time"
4. Neon Tress: "Animal"
5. Death Cab for Cutie: "Codes and Keys"
6. The Black Keys: "Tighten Up"
7. The Beatles: "I am the Walrus"
8. The Beatles: "Dear Prudence"
9. Cee Lo Green: "F**k You (Forget You)
10. Gnarls Barkley: "Crazy"
Matt Long's Summer Playlist
1. First on my list is a little known artist from Ft Myers, Florida by the name of John Corning. His song "It Was So Good in the Summertime" is on my short list. It combines Reggae, Caribbean and Latin sounds. I listen to this song and I'm sitting at the Tiki bar on a sparkling beach.
2. Jimi Hendrix: "Fire" (It's pure energy. I listen to it on my way to every pound-up. It's like a shot of adrenaline.)
3. Mungo Jerry: "In the Summertime"
4. Paul Simon: "Late in the Evening" (Most any time of the year but especially in the summer. He does the syncopated island beat better than anyone.)
5. Booker T and the MG's: "Green Onions"
6. Beach Boys: "Do It Again", "Don't Worry Baby" and "I Can Hear Music"
7. Truthfully, I write a lot of songs. I have at least two that are summery and I play them all the time.
Joe Bechtold's Summer Playlist
2. The Killers: "Human"
3. O.A.R.: "Heaven"
4. Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros: "Home"
5. Coldplay: "Viva la Vida"
6. Willie Nelson: "On the Road Again"
7. Florence and The Machine: "Dog Days Are Over"
8. Johnny Cash: "Man in Black"
9. Muse: "Uprising"
Ben Muzzey's Summer Playlist
2. Jamie Lidell: "A Little Bit More"
3. Blake Shelton: "Playboys of the Southwestern"
4. Josh Ritter: "Right Moves"
5. Black Keys: "I Got Mine"
6. David Bryne: "Life is Long"
7. Paul Simon: "You Can Call Me, Al"
Off-Season Awesome in Big Sky, Montana
Experience epic outdoor adventures.
5 Things To Know About Gram Parsons’ Mysterious Death
He was a promising songwriter with ties to The Byrds and The Rolling Stones, but his life came to a tragic end when he overdosed on morphine at a tiny inn outside California’s Joshua Tree National Park on September 19, 1973.
This Jail is One of Louisiana’s Most Haunted Sites
Some of the inmates never left this haunted jail in western Louisiana, and it turns out their warden may have remained in order to keep them in line.
This Abandoned Italian Prison Island Will Become A Mediterranean Vacation Spot
Would you consider a vacation to the Italian version of Alcatraz? Officials in Italy have plans to renovate a centuries old prison on a deserted island and turn it into a tourist destination.
How A Case Of Mass Hysteria Led To The Salem Witch Trials
Amy Bruni and Adam Berry held a seance in John Proctor’s home, and the contacts they made will surprise you. What really happened at the 1692 Salem Witch Trials?
The 1952 D.C. UFO Sightings: What Really Happened?
Did the air traffic controllers actually see UFOs? Did the government really try to cover it up?
‘The Heaviest One’: Ghost Adventures Crew Still Rattled After Goatman’s Bridge Encounter
By day, it’s an Instagram-worthy photo spot, but at night, the abandoned Texas bridge takes on a sinister air. Add Goatman’s Bridge to your haunted hotspot bucket list.
Summer Music Festivals
We've sourced a teaser of 5 events to give you a sampling of just how diverse Europe's summertime music scene is.
Haunted Destination: Stanley Hotel
Estes Park, Colorado
The Shining Turns 30
Celebrate the 30th anniversary of "The Shining" at the Stanley Park Hotel, the inspiration for the creepy novel and film.