Travel Channel's Best Beach Awards 2012
See the full list of Travel Channel's 2012 Best Beach Award Nominees.
The wait is over and the winners have been unveiled. After over 1,200 votes, the Viewers' Choice: Best Overall Beach has been named and it's Lahaina Beach, Maui.
Best Party Beach
2. Paradise Island, Bahamas (Winner)
3. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4. Panama City, Florida
Best Family Beach
2. Duck, North Carolina
3. Coronado, California
4. Poipu Beach, Hawaii
Best Romantic Beach
2. St. Lucia
3. Pink Sands Beach, Bahamas
4. Matira Beach, Bora Bora, Tahiti (Winner)
2. Tahiti Beach, St. Tropez, France
3. Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Winner)
4. Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia
Best Beach Bars
2. The Beachcomber, Wellfleet, Massachusetts
3. Duke's Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu
4. Tropicana Beach Bar, Mykonos, Greece (Winner)
Best Beach You Haven't Heard of ... Yet
2. Todos Santos, Mexico
3. Rangali Island, Maldives
4. St. George Island, Florida
Best Beach for Adventure
2. Kitesurfing in Cabarete, Dominican Republic
3. Sea Kayaking, Phanang Bay, Thailand
4. Cave Diving, Whangarei, New Zealand (Winner)
Best Exotic Beach
2. Nusa Dua Beach, Bali
3. Manafaru, Maldives
4. Nha Trang, Vietnam
Best Scenic Beach
2. Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
3. White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
4. Pantai Cenang, Malaysia
Best Beach Boardwalks
From sunset kayaking to delicious eats, there is so much to explore in southwest Florida's island sanctuary.
Where to find a damn fine cup of coffee and more.
Forget passing fads. These developments are changing the food landscape.
A 24-hour guide to the Holy City.
One writer reflects on her trips to Cuba, a country of contrasts.
There's nothing like a challenging hike with a rewarding view.
Washington’s Skagit Valley is the next best thing.
Put the phones down and make memories to last a lifetime with these thrilling activities on the island of Hawaii.
Instead of experiencing the holiday in Mexico City, go a little further off the beaten path for more intimate Noche and Dia de Muertos celebrations in Erongaricuaro.
Christine Williams and Jules Hatfield from Don't Forget to Move, tell us how to do San Francisco right, on a shoestring budget.