Travel Channel's Best Beach Awards 2012
See the full list of Travel Channel's 2012 Best Beach Award Nominees.
The wait is over and the winners have been unveiled. After over 1,200 votes, the Viewers' Choice: Best Overall Beach has been named and it's Lahaina Beach, Maui.
Best Party Beach
2. Paradise Island, Bahamas (Winner)
3. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4. Panama City, Florida
Best Family Beach
2. Duck, North Carolina
3. Coronado, California
4. Poipu Beach, Hawaii
Best Romantic Beach
2. St. Lucia
3. Pink Sands Beach, Bahamas
4. Matira Beach, Bora Bora, Tahiti (Winner)
2. Tahiti Beach, St. Tropez, France
3. Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Winner)
4. Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia
Best Beach Bars
2. The Beachcomber, Wellfleet, Massachusetts
3. Duke's Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu
4. Tropicana Beach Bar, Mykonos, Greece (Winner)
Best Beach You Haven't Heard of ... Yet
2. Todos Santos, Mexico
3. Rangali Island, Maldives
4. St. George Island, Florida
Best Beach for Adventure
2. Kitesurfing in Cabarete, Dominican Republic
3. Sea Kayaking, Phanang Bay, Thailand
4. Cave Diving, Whangarei, New Zealand (Winner)
Best Exotic Beach
2. Nusa Dua Beach, Bali
3. Manafaru, Maldives
4. Nha Trang, Vietnam
Best Scenic Beach
2. Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
3. White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
4. Pantai Cenang, Malaysia
Best Beach Boardwalks
We share the best beaches on Florida's East Coast. Keep in mind: Price and stock could change after publish date, and we may make money from these links.
From sunset kayaking to delicious eats, there is so much to explore in southwest Florida's island sanctuary.
If you’ve always dreamed of the expat life south of the border, keep reading. We’ve got all the scoop you’ll need to plan your new life down in Mexico.
Where to find a damn fine cup of coffee and more.Keep in mind: Price and stock could change after publish date, and we may make money from these links.
Forget passing fads. These developments are changing the food landscape.
A 24-hour guide to the Holy City.
One writer reflects on her trips to Cuba, a country of contrasts.
There's nothing like a challenging hike with a rewarding view.
Washington’s Skagit Valley is the next best thing.
Instead of experiencing the holiday in Mexico City, go a little further off the beaten path for more intimate Noche and Dia de Muertos celebrations in Erongaricuaro.